The Digital Social Insurance (VssID) and special benefits
The “VssID – Digital Social Insurance Application” of Vietnam Social Security (VSS) on mobile devices officially came into operation from November 16, 2020. The application has many utilities to help users manage time as well as tracking insurance activities, medical information, and online consultation.
The application is an important step, strongly promoting the digital transformation of VSS as the guiding spirit of the Prime Minister; contributing to the implementation of the assigned tasks in Resolution No. 28-NQ / TW of the XII Central Executive Committee on social insurance policy reform.
Digital social insurance offers many features and benefits.
VssID – Digital Social Insurance Application is currently available on the App Store – iOS and Google Play – Android operating system.
Specifically, the application has 08 basic utilities as follows:
- Provide information about: Health insurance card; Participation process (social insurance, health insurance, occupational accident and disease insurance, unemployment insurance);
- Look up information about one-time benefits: sickness, maternity, labor accident – occupational disease; medical examination and treatment book
(Note: the utility provides the health care history of the participant only from 2017 – the time when Vietnam Social Security and the health insurance facilities officially sync the participants’ health care data on the Health Insurance Inspection Information System – up to now);
- Provide search utility: social insurance number; expiry date of the health insurance card;
- Provide search utility: address of social insurance agency; units participating in social insurance; payment point/agent for voluntary social insurance, nearest social insurance payment point, household health insurance;
- Provide search facility: medical facility signed a medical service contract with health insurance; medical facility granting leave to enjoy social insurance benefits;
- 24/7 online support (automatic answer – chatbot, hotline 1900.9068, email, frequently asked questions) to promptly answer, advise, support questions, wonder about social insurance, health insurance and unemployment insurance for people;
- Providing news on social insurance activities; videos on regimes and policies on social insurance, health insurance and unemployment insurance to help people better understand their right to enjoy the benefits, as well as how to participate in social insurance and health insurance;
- Towards utility integration: health insurance card, electronic social insurance book replace paper and paper card; public service integration; online payments in the near future.
Installing, using easily and conveniently.
The application “VssID – Digital Social Insurance” works on smartphones, tablets using Android 4.1 or iOS 9.0 and above. Users can access 02 application stores of these operating systems and do a search with the keyword “VssID” to perform the steps of downloading and installing similar to other applications. Once installed, users start the application by pressing the app’s icon on the mobile device screen. Users must have an electronic transaction account of social insurance with the social insurance agency to log in and use the features and utilities of the application.
Specifically, through the following steps:
- To log in and use the functions and utilities of the application, users need to register an electronic transaction account with the social insurance agency. To register an account with the social insurance agency, users access the link
https://dichvucong.baohiemxahoi.gov.vn/#/dang-ky and follow the instructions (insert the correct phone number to confirm registration information and OTP codes for future transactions).
- After registering an electronic transaction account online, users proceed to print the “Declaration” (sign and write full name), submit the “Declaration” at the division of receiving dossiers of the social insurance agency (the agency that user selected when registering in the Declaration); Present ID card / Citizen card / Passport to verify the information.
- In case the dossier is valid, the system will issue and activate the individual account to use electronic transactions with the social insurance agency. The Public Service Portal of VSS sends a notice of approval with information about the electronic social insurance transaction account to the email address (if any) and sends a message to the registered phone number after receiving the full registration records. Individuals are responsible for changing the account password issued for the first time and changing the password at least every 6 months to ensure safety and security.
- In case the dossier is invalid, the Public Service Portal of VSS sends a notice of disapproval to accept the registration for using electronic transaction methods to the email address (if any) and send a message to the registered phone number after receiving the dossier providing a reason for disapproval. Users follow this notice to complete the registration information. For any problems in the process of creating an account, users should contact the Customer Support Call Center of VSS at 1900.9068 or the nearest social insurance agency for support.
Users feel secure because of their confidentiality
Information security for participants is always given top priority by VSS in the process of building VssID – Digital Social Insurance applications. This application will provide personal information with high confidentiality (such as information about health insurance card; the process of participating in and enjoying benefits of social insurance, health insurance and unemployment insurance; medical care history of health insurance …). Only account holders can look up and exploit their own data of participation in social insurance, health insurance and unemployment insurance. At the same time, VSS is moving towards integrating public services, online payment services for individuals on this application. So if you want to use the application, the requirement that users must have an electronic transaction account with the social insurance agency (authenticated similar to when registering to use an Internet Banking account with the bank) for the purpose of securing the user’s personal information.
During the login process, using the VssID – Digital Social Insurance application, if you encounter problems or need to clarify the information provided on the application, the user can contact the Customer Support Call Center. products of Vietnam Social Security 1900.9068 for specific support, answers and guidance.