GUIDE ON PROCEDURES FOR UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS
When quitting, the employee will receive a resignation decision and the social insurance book has been closed up to the time of resignation from the Company.
1 – Application time:
You have to register to receive Unemployment benefit within 3 months from the leaving date. (Unemployment insurance contributions were paid for at least 12 months or more before being unemployed.)
Example: Leaving in July 15, 2019 -> October 15, 2019 is the deadline to apply.
(After 3 months, if you don’t apply, it will be no longer valid to receive the benefit.)
✽ Note: In case of not applying for unemployment benefits, the period of paying unemployment insurance will be reserved (not lost). When you start a new company, sign an official contract, continue to pay unemployment insurance and then leave the job, you can apply for unemployment benefits again.
2 – How to calculate unemployment benefit:
|Monthly unemployment benefit||=||The average salary in six months before being unemployed||x||60%|
3 – Unemployment benefit duration:
Unemployment benefit duration is calculated by the number of months of contribution to Unemployment insurance.
From 12 months to 36 months
From 4 years to under 5 years
|From 5 years to under 6 years||
|Above 12 years||
The remaining time (the number of odd months) will be reserved as a basis for calculating the unemployment benefit duration for the next time.
✽ Note: Maximum value cannot be accumulated for more than 12 consecutive months.
4 – Necessary documents:
- ♦ A written form of unemployment benefits defined by the Job Center. (can get at Job Center where you apply the documents);
- ♦ An original Identification card;
- ♦ 2 Certified true copy of Identification card;
- ♦ An original Social insurance book;
- ♦ A certified true copy of Social insurance book;
- ♦ An original resignation decision;
- ♦ A certified true copy of the resignation decision.
5 – Submission location:
- Employment service centers of the district where you are living.
- GO TO THE CENTER DIRECTLY AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS.