Benefits of electronic health insurance card
From January 1st, 2020, the Social Insurance Agency (SI) will provide Electronic Health Insurance Card
(HIC) for participants. This will bring major benefits to related parties such as healthcare facilities, Social
Insurance Agency, and those participating in the health insurance program.
Contain the basic information:
Personal insurance code, full name, date of birth, date of issuance.
For health insurance participants:
- Don’t need to carry identification when they go for medical examinations or treatment.
- Easily authenticate themselves with biometric information via their fingerprints or faces,…
Advantage on checking information about previous medical examinations and treatment ofpatients (a medical record)
For medical examination and treatment facilities:
- Saving costs, reduce procedural checking time and guarantee accuracy.
Check the information of medical examination and treatment, take medicine according to the medical record
- Supply appropriate treatments and avoid medicine resistance.
For Social Insurance Agency:
- Resolve any situation of profiteering and abuse of the health insurance fund.
Shorten the time for procedures, inspection and final settlement of expenses for medical examination and treatment with health insurance.
Cut down and simplify procedures (extend card printing, change card due to modify information,…)